Multi-Drop Peripheral Interface
- Interface a third-party RS-232 peripheral with the Stackable Data Module's multi-drop bus.
- DIP switch addressable; stack up to 32 modules (hence peripherals) on the same RS-232 cable connected to a host PC.
- Appended header character allows host to communicate exclusively with each device.
- Supports peripheral baud rates of 150, 300, 600, 1200, 1800, 2400, 4800 and 9600.
- 160-byte RAM buffer used for data transfers.
- Supplies power to peripheral via DTR pin.
- Wide power supply range (8 to 30 VDC).
Connects to the RS-232 serial port of a computer peripheral such as a bar-code scanner, weight scale, force-gage, multi-meter, etc., and allows multiple devices to share the same communications cable connected to a PC. A unique header character is automatically appended to the beginning of a peripheral's data stream as it is being transmitted to the host, identifying its origin. This same header character is used by the host to direct data to a particular peripheral. All data from a peripheral is converted to the correct baud rate used in the stackable data module network, and vice versa. In other words, it is possible to have multiple devices plugged into the same port of a PC even though they are all using a different baud rate for communications. Ideal for low cost, fast setup, assembly line monitoring using off-the-shelf PC hardware.
External power supply sold separately.
Copyright © 1998-2018 by Weeder Technologies. Made in USA.