Digital Input Module
- 8 wide-range digital input channels with high voltage transient protection.
- 2 high-current open-collector output channels with automatic overload shutdown.
- DIP switch addressable; stack up to 32 modules on the same serial port to provide 256 inputs and 64 outputs.
- 8 event counter inputs with 24-bits each.
- 4 quadrature encoder inputs with 24-bits each.
- 4 tachometer inputs which read the speed of a rotating shaft from 200 to 400,000 RPM.
- Each input incorporates a pull-up resistor to 5 volts, simplifying hookup to switch contacts.
- Responds to button presses and switch transitions using automatic debounce and typematic repeat with adjustable delay.
- Turn on/off relays, solenoids, DC motors, etc., including PWM drive-current control.
- Each output incorporates a delay timer to allow momentary on/off or off/on activation.
- An output can be used as a watchdog timer to reset the host in case of lockup.
- Wide power supply range (8 to 30 VDC).
- Optional enclosure also available.
Connects to a PC or Laptop using our USB Cable or to any other host which incorporates an RS-232 serial port. Stack multiple cards together on the same port. Provides 8 digital inputs for dry contacts, TTL level signals, or NPN type sensors, and 2 open-collector digital outputs for control. The wide range digital inputs not only provide power for dry contacts, but in many cases can be wired directly to contacts which have external voltages already present. The digital outputs are robust enough to directly control the on/off states of other electrical equipment of up to a full ampere in current.
External power supply sold separately.
Copyright © 1998-2017 by Weeder Technologies. Made in USA.